Sunday, December 10, 2006

Weird News

So, my elementary school burnt down. Again. Almost exactly 20 years (to the month) after the school fire that consumed my favourite gym bag and shoes (okay, and the kindergarten classroom). This time, it was the grade 5 classroom. Both Chris and my response: "There's some poor grade 6 kid who just left her shoes in the classroom, who will no longer trust her parents when they say nothing bad could happen over the weekend."

Weird.

In other news, Boney M's Christmas album isn't available for sale this year. Not for ready money. They suddenly discontinued this year, just in time for us to decide that we needed our own copy and that I desperately wanted to listen to it before Christmas. And it's going for astronomical prices on Ebay. (I'm thinking of attempting to order it from Amazon UK, since apparently they're still selling it, except with a 4-6 week wait. Although that could also mean that they just don't know it's not available. I'll try to order it and see what happens.)

Again, weird.

Edited to add: Apprently, mysask.ca doesn't have a reliable permanent link for that story. And so I'll post this one from the Leader-Post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Best Buy has the Boney M. album. At least it seems to be in stock.

jenwingard.wordpress.com

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Where? Bestbuy.com says that it's backordered, and .ca hasn't heard of Boney M. My sister has a theory that the recent release of the CD "The Magic of Boney M" has prompted whoever's in charge of their distribution to pull all of their other albums, to create a demand for their new "best of" album. That's stupid, if that's the case.

Pink Cupcake said...

If you ever need me to order something for you in the UK and then mail it across to you, just let me know. I'm more than happy to.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Pinky! Thanks for the offer! My current strategy is Ebay, because I discovered that the records are still cheap, and because I have a record player. I'm currently the highest bidder (at $1) on one that's being sold from the same province as me, and so the shipping's super-cheap.

Anonymous said...

Mary, Lyn and I have a copy too. My buddy, Kiwi, keeps making us Christmas albums. So, I can get you a copy.