Sunday, July 16, 2006

To my husband, on the occasion of our first anniversary

So, we spent our anniversary camping with my extended family. I made you spend your anniversary breakfast cooking bacon for twenty-five people. And I made you play Mensa games with my small cousins all morning, while I lazed around and took pictures. And I made myself out to be a martyr because you got me out of bed by deflating the air mattress. Then I let you drive the whole way home, while I napped, even though you were tired. I also took this silly picture of you and posted it on my blog.

To the most patient man I've ever met: thank you for keeping me alive and staying married to me for a whole year.

7 comments:

Leslie M-B said...

Happy anniversary to the royal couple!

Bronwyn said...

I adore your husband.

Matt said...

Happy Anniversary silly creatures!

arimich said...

Happy Anniversary! I love that two of my wonderful people are married to each other. It makes it so much easier to keep track of you guys. That, and I like it when my friends are happy. :)

crazy mom said...

Happy Anniversary!!
Happy Anniversary!!
Happy Anniversary!!

Happy Anniversary!!

From our family to yours, may the next year be even better than the first!

Limon de Campo said...

Happy Anniversary. I think you are a lovely couple.

krisluvswool said...

happy anniversary!!!!!