Friday, July 21, 2006

Homeward Bound?

Today, we're in transit between the two places that I call "home." Of course I have mixed feelings about this: I'm sad to leave behind my loved ones and this familiar city, but I'll be glad to sleep in my own little bed and be part of the youth ministry that my church is doing in Victoria. (And we'll have so many visitors this summer!)

It's easy to feel like the time was too short, and that we didn't get to do everything we wanted to do. We were spreading ourselves pretty thin. However, it's amazing to realise that we managed to do this whole list:
  • I spent half a week at Camp, a day at Glad Tidings, a week in Regina, a weekend at Candle Lake, and a few days up near Pleasantdale.
  • I saw Shannon's new house.
  • We spent about 20 hours on the road, travelling all over this province (we spent time in the far south, in the east, in the north...).
  • We took in one annual Regina event, Taste of Regina (where a bunch of the cool restaurants in the city set up booths in Victoria Park and you go around eating entree items for cheap). We have reaffirmed the fact that there is a lively culture in this city, for those willing to look for it.
  • We visited the Royal Sask museum, and even got to see Megamunch roar.
  • We've canoed, swum, tented, and played endless board games. I played a lot of Loot, Settlers of Catan and Stock Ticker.
  • I spent an entire day in my bathing suit.
  • We visited with my entire extended family (on both sides of my family) and with a significant section of Chris's.
  • We bought two flavours of Parenteau tea, both of which contain Saskatoon berries.
  • I watched X3, The Devil Wears Prada, and Superman Returns.
  • I hugged a lot of babies.
  • I ate significant quantities of my favourite Chicken Fried Rice. (Oh, O.B. Kitchen. There is no other.)
  • We got Chris a free haircut.
  • We bought $3 hats at Superstore and made a serious effort to become Hat People.
  • I've seen more loved ones than I can count.

So, that's good, right? Even though I didn't manage to make any contact with either my high school friends or Dr. B?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wouldn't you have heard the megamunch roar?

Teacher Lady said...

Apparently Jen does not understand Megamunch, the cool part is watching him roar. I'm jealous that you went to the Royal Sask Museum without me. Did you do to Megamunch's birthday?