Monday, April 10, 2006

Desperate Procrastination: Part Two

Why is it that I do my worst procrastinating when I have the most to do? Let's compare the lists of "What I have to do today" and "What I have achieved today":

I have to:
1. Wash the dishes and straighten up the house (so that in-laws don't think we live in garbage).
2. Go to the University.
2a. Photocopy a bunch of our tax stuff, to keep in our personal files.
2b. Get my allergy shot.
2c. Pick up one last book for this essay.
3. Write 10 more pages in this essay (for that essay that's due in three days, and that I want to hand in early, due to the "two 30-page essays due within three days of each other" happening between the 21st and the 24th.).

I have (in the past hour and three quarters):
1. Wandered through the house in a housecoat and slippers;
2. Eaten an apple;
3. Created more clutter;
4. Watched a bunch of Strong Bad E-mails;
5. Adjusted my personal settings on TWoP;
6. Read part of the introduction to one of the books I might use.

It's nearly 11:00am, and the in-laws show up at about 4:00pm. I guess it's time to spring into action? Or check my e-mail?

At least the ladies' tea that I'm hosting has been postponed for a week. I don't think I would have been able to handle that today, on top of everything else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have 2 projects and some uni work. Staring at the computer doing anything but work. I guess that's why I'm here...