Tuesday, March 28, 2006

How am I doing?

Time: 10:11am

I must present at: 1:30pm

Progress: Well, I've gotten through the main book I'd never read before. I should glance through the introduction to the other one. Other than that, I need to type up a bibliography to hand out to the class, and plan out what I'm going to say.

The main wrinkle in this plan: I'm sick. I have a porcupine in my throat, that didn't go away with hot water with lemon and honey. I'm congested. I feel like I have weights in my head and my chest. I had a long nap yesterday afternoon and then slept 11 hours last night, and still all I want to do is crawl back into bed. I'm seriously narcoleptic right now. That's why I'm blogging, because I kept falling asleep while trying to glance over this one last introduction.

What makes this worse: I'm supposed to be presenting in a class where my prof is just off of sick leave, and has very little of an immune system. He requested that if we're sick, we stay home.

Even worse: this presentation is worth a good chunk of my final grade, and I'm really reliant on the feedback, to get direction for my paper.

So: I'd better phone my prof, hey? Okay. I'm going to do that right now.

4 comments:

Julia H. PhD(someday?) said...

Oh Nooooo!!!! Mary, don't be sick!! I will be praying for you over the next couple of hours! (Part of me hopes your prof tells you that you have to reschedule, and that you should stay at home and sleep ALL DAY!)

Lots of Hugs and lozenges!

Pink Cupcake said...

Oh, poor you! Hope you manage to sort things out with your professor. Take very good care of yourself...lots of liquids and vitamin C. :)

Queen of West Procrastination said...

I heard back from my prof, and he told me that it's best that I stay home today, and so I think I'm going to take it easy today. That's really good.

Julia H. PhD(someday?) said...

YAY!!! Hooray for prof's telling you to stay home!!!