Thursday, January 26, 2006

Celeste Elizabeth

In the wee hours of this morning (after four weeks of labour), Brandy had her baby! It's a girl: Celeste Elizabeth (7 pounds, 7 1/2 ounces), she's very healthy, and apparently she looks just like Brandy. Very exciting.

I'm racing to the finish line with this conference paper, and then tomorrow afternoon I leave for the weekend for Qualicum Beach. January: just the time to book a conference at the beach. Apparently I'm in the "gallery room," which everyone warns me is long like a hallway (good chance to project my voice). Well, it's pretty out there, and so I'll take the camera and post some pictures after the weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!?! Four WEEKS of LABOUR?!?! Oh...say it isn't sooo....*whimper*

I like the name though...

Meg Persson said...

Oh, poor Brandy! I'm glad everything turned out right in the end though.

Have fun at the beach!

M.

arimich said...

Congratulations Brandy! Have fun, Miss Mary! Looking forward to seeing you this week.

krisluvswool said...

Congrats! One of my best friends had her little boy Wednesday :)

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Hooray, babies!