Friday, December 23, 2005

Little Christmas Eve

I'm aware that I ought to be busy right now. My bags still need re-packing, to transfer everything to the in-laws' house. We're in the midst of making supper. Chris is flying in tonight, and my sister is on the road here right now. I really ought to be doing some baking tonight.

But I've settled into Christmas Cozy At Home Mode. I'm sitting in a pile of cushions, and my eyes are only half-open. I'm seriously tempted to curl up like a cat.

Tonight I need rice porridge, Christmas music and egg nog. (Where are those siblings of mine? We traditionally spend holidays napping.) I'm basking in familiarity.

2 comments:

jo(e) said...

I love Cozy-at-home mode. I am curled up on our comfy couch in front of the fire with my daughter's laptop computer.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Maryanne curled up like a cat. What a pleasant thought. I like cats.