Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hug Me

I'm being selfish, and so I want you guys to leave comments with things that will either encourage me or make me laugh.

I'm having a depressing day: not only is it gloomy outside and my house in chaos, but I was just working on this months budget and...things aren't good. How is it that we were able to cover all of our bills when Chris wasn't working, and when he was just starting jobs, and we were getting consistently over-charged by Telus? How is it that, now that Chris has been working steadily (including a week of 16 hour days) and our normal bills all went down, we're short for everything? How is that possible?

Oh, and I'm getting frustrated with the workload today, especially because with all the external chaos it's really difficult to get myself concentrating on just work. Because today I must make all the changes to the Program of Study that my supervisor recommended, and send him back the final copy to read. I also must continue to study for tomorrow's German midterm, and it's like my brain keeps losing words that I've memorised. I need to work really seriously on some translations again. Oh, and I have to write a half-hour workshop to present tomorrow afternoon. All three of these must get done today, and I wasted my morning stressing about money.

I'm done ranting. I'm sorry that I've been ranting so much lately. I'm going to go now: I should be looking at making lunch, and find myself somewhere that I can work where I'm not distracted by mess, and spend some time praying.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Mary. (I suppose that is Mrs. Mary now! Oops. Or Zoops as Arrian pointed out we should be using.) You will do fine. God takes care of us all and will not let you starve or let your power be turned off. Unless of course you spend your grocery money on buying movies online... then you're screwed. Being a grown up isn't easy, but you will be fine! Trust me. I do stupid things all the time and God takes care of me. LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Jen said...

HUG!!!!!

Love you muchly!

LynnieC said...

HA! I thought Jen's comment said "love you munchy". And I was like, best nickname EVER.

krisluvswool said...

Hugs!

I'm coming to the post a little late, but I certainly hope your day got better and that you'll get to bed in time to regenerate your brain and get the german words back in your head.

And don't fret the money. You'll manage, I promise. It all works out in the end, I'm sure!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Thank you everybody! Things are looking up now -- it helped when Chris came home and we could talk things out. We've figured out a way to make things work, and I'm staying home this evening to catch up on the homework I should've done today.

Anonymous said...

I love my sister. She has to encourage me too.

Pink Cupcake said...

Glad that you felt a bit better about everything after talking with Chris. Hope your work went well and good luck for the midterm today! Take care.

Meg Persson said...

Oh Mary, remember how I used to get so worked up about money? God always provided, and you made darn sure you pointed that out. Often. I will soon do that for you.

I love you!

M.