Saturday, November 26, 2005

Chris-less Saturday

Saturdays in the House of Procrastination have taken on certain rituals: waffles (unless we're in the mood for shaking up the routine, and make puffy omlettes), washing the dishes and CBC Radio shows. However, this morning is Chris's first weekend on his regular (post-training) schedule, and from here on out, he's working on Saturday mornings.

Where does that leave my Saturday? I made a bunch of phone calls (parents, Meg), which made for a pleasant morning. Now, I may even read some more Eats, Shoots and Leaves (since I've finished Talk to the Hand), after I find a way to organise our recyclable paper. I forgot to turn on the radio until just now, but it's Quirks and Quarks on CBC1 (Chris's favourite, but not mine because: science), and so I switched over to CBC2 and I'm listening to pretty music on Sound Advice. Chris will be home for most of Definitely Not the Opera, and then we'll have flipped-around meals today: I had spaghetti with meat sauce for breakfast, and then we'll have a late lunch of waffles. (Also, I didn't have to wash the dishes all by my lonesome, because Chris and I are trying to get into the habit of washing dishes after we finish meals, and so we washed them last night.)

He doesn't even have to miss Quirks and Quarks, because you can download the episode off the CBC website. Too bad I missed Go, but I'm glad that I had good Meggy times.

Oh! And I keep getting pleasant things in the mail: first I got a hilarious card-ish thing from Ariann, sent ages ago from Taiwan. I took some pictures of it:


For some reason, the ridiculousness of it made her laugh and think of me. I also got a pleasant birthday card from Matt, early (as is the nature of Matt).

And so, in spite of the fact that this Saturday flies in the face of Saturday Tradition, it's been a good so far.

1 comment:

Pink Cupcake said...

I love the idea of 'flipped-around meals'. :) Hope you enjoyed the waffles when Chris got home.

I love the Taiwanese card. It reminds me of a penpal that I had in Taiwan when I was much younger, she always used really wacky stationery.