Monday, October 31, 2005

T'was a dark and stormy night...

The weather outside is like a murder mystery: there's all this wind and rain, and I keep thinking there's someone outside, but it's just the banging noise that some ornament is making, being tossed about in the wind. It's totally creepy, especially because I'm the only one up right now. (Chris has long since gone to bed, but I'm trying to finish some work. Death of a Salesman is finished, but I'm still struggling with that one paragraph.)

I've now had a thrillingly good first experience with Ebay. (I know! What is this: 1997? Okay, so I've helped Meg order stuff, but I finally got my own account.) The AC adaptor cord on this old laptop has finally given up the ghost, and it was going to be $100 to order a new one from Dell (including taxes, etc.). I was being hesitant about it, but the connection in the cord was getting worse and worse. Finally Chris suggested that we check out Ebay. I did a bunch of comparison shopping (I wanted to buy something from Canada, to avoid duty, and I wanted to make sure I was ordering something new, and from someone reputable) and I finally settled on one that cost me $30 in total, and it's still sealed in the original packaging. Now I can't wait for it to arrive! (I thought my cord had finally died on me tonight, when I tried to plug in my computer, because it wouldn't recognise any connection, regardless of how I wiggled the part that sticks into the computer. And then it turned out that it wasn't plugged into the wall. Whoops! There is a reason why I am a historian and not a computer technician.)

No comments: