Saturday, October 08, 2005

A regular Sherlock Holmes

"Why have I felt so lethargic for the past few days?"

"Why am I so cold today, even though I've put on immense amount of clothes, and turned up the heat, much to my furnace husband's dismay?"

"Why do my eyeballs hurt so much? Why can't I just make myself do my reading?"

"Why am I sleeping all the time?"

"Why do I keep coughing?"

Have you figured out what's wrong? It just occurred to me: oh yeah! I have a cold!

This is highly inconvenient. I have:
a.) 3/4 of a book to read and review by Tuesday;
b.) a house to clean before we have people over for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow;
c.) a Thanksgiving dinner to cook.

And all I can do is sit on the couch and think about napping.

In happier news, just when I was feeling sorry for myself and very particularly homesick (the realisation that I wasn't going home for Thanksgiving, that there was no one to talk to because everyone else was with family, and my husband was at work and all I wanted was something familiar), my landlady came running down very excitedly with Season Two of Corner Gas! That show is the best thing ever for a homesick prairie kid. The best was when we found all the Corner Gas merchandise at the Ucluelet Co-op Grocery Store. Co-op! Corner Gas! In Ucluelet! I'd live there, if I was on the west coast of this island.

I think I'm rambling. Maybe supper will help. Why do I get insane so quickly, when I get sick?

Edited to add the next morning: Or maybe I was just having an allergic reaction. I took some allergy drugs a little later, and then I was fine.

No comments: