Sunday, October 02, 2005

Photo Essay of Adventures

On Friday we took Matt out on the town, since it was a nice day and I'd been a boring hostess, doing homework, for the past few days. He took pictures with his new camera, and so here are a few of them (and arbonnais, here's a bit of Victoria for you):

We parked at Beacon Hill Park, and discovered that there was a cricket game in full swing, at the really cool cricket pitch. You can't see it in the picture, but that building behind them has the game's score on its roof (awesome scoreboard) and there are people watching from those balconies. We really didn't understand what was going on, and so we continued on adventures.

But then Chris got his head stuck in a weeping willow! Tom Bombadil eventually came and rescued him.


Apparently, peacocks roam free at Beacon Hill.

As do these mystical-looking trees.

After that we went downtown, to the Bug Zoo. I had to get over some phobias and I held a tarantula. They're not too bad, although you can see I'm still warming up to Emma there.

Then we went to the Inner Harbour, and Matt took lots of cool pictures. Here's a good one of the Empress, with its ivy turning red.


There was a ship that looked like it had pirates, in the harbour.




At the end of our day, we returned to Beacon Hill Park (where we parked the car) and spent some time at the beach there. Yay, ocean!

The boys have way cooler pictures, of their adventures making Pykrete and of squirrel-fishing, but they're supposed to go up on the new blog/website that Chris is working on right now.

(Now I'd better get ready for church! I've already had a good day: I got an e-mail from an old friend, asking whether I thought he ought to do his MA here.)

5 comments:

arimich said...

Wow, Maryanne, you sure are brave. I don't think I could handle holding a tarantula. You are my new hero of the minute!

Anonymous said...

Which friend wants to go there? And dude, your hair looks so good in that photo, man!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

My twin! And I think my hair looks like poo there. Need haircut desparately. I can do really good Kurt Cobain hair impressions, however.

Brendel said...

[sigh] I can almost smell the air there. Ottawa is beautiful in its own way, especially now that the fall colours are starting to come out, but I miss Victoria. Incidentally, the next time you're at Beacon Hill, I recommend a visit to the petting zoo. The baby goats are very friendly.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

I love the baby goats at the petting zoo! Chris took Matt there and they also took a bunch of pictures of their adventures.