Monday, October 31, 2005

Good (scholarly) news for me

I received an e-mail from Dr. B this morning, full of good news. First, he's sent his Letter of Appraisal, and it should be here on time. Second, my alma mater is hosting a conference on Berlin Culture in the fall of 2006, and he's encouraging me to put together a paper. Third, not only is [an important scholar in my field] going to be at the conference, but his article about Irmgard Keun is in the most recent edition of German Studies Review.

Now, there are a few more facts to work into my Program of Study (conferences I plan to propose to present at, and possibly another entry for my bibligraphy).

I already feel so shy about meeting [important scholar]. Everything of his that I've read has been awesome, and I'm scared I'm going to act like a fan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, this is unrelated, but I wanted to let you know that I've finally started downloading your most triumphant songlist.

Now, on a related note: I know what you mean. I'm scared of meeting Elizabeth Epperly and Marie Henly Rubio for the same reason.

LynnieC said...

If you would like some tips on meeting famous people, please continue on to www.amandolynandky.blogspot.com

I was going to post it as a comment on your website, but I figured I'd just blog it myself.

arimich said...

Lynnie, you almost sound like blog spam! You're awesome.