Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Calls for Papers

So, I got a heap of announcements of scholarships and calls for papers this morning, as today's our grad secretary's first day back from vacation. I'm tempted by the University of Illinois's (Urbana) Women's Studies conference. The topic is mobility, and I very much could write something about Doris in The Artificial Silk Girl, especially about her rejection of Berlin as a result of the false promise of social mobility through glamour. Well, I guess it doesn't hurt to write a proposal; I should start getting into the habit of answering these calls for papers. (And it doesn't hurt that I could mention on my SSHRC proposal that I sent a paper proposal.)

But this makes me nervous. It's very different than the grad students' conference in Saskatoon where I presented.

Speaking of which: I still need to figure out what I'm presenting at my workshop on November 3rd.

But first: finishing this book review. Why can't I get myself into it?

No comments: