Monday, October 17, 2005

As Requested

For Ky, today's playlist:

Most Triumphant (the order is randomised by iTunes)

The Boxer - Simon and Garfunkel
Play that Funky Music - Wild Cherry
With or Without You - U2
Habibi de Mis Amores - Alabina (Ky and Lyn: you need this song)
Love You Madly - Cake
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Voulez-Vous - ABBA
Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard - Paul Simon
Can You Dig It? - The Monkees
Dreams - The Cranberries
Cotton Eyed Joe - Rednex
Knockin' On Heaven's Door - Avril Lavigne
Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
New Orleans is Sinking - Tragically Hip
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
Ohio - Neil Young
Goldfinger - Shirley Bassey
She Moves in Mysterious Ways - U2
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
(Ghost) Riders in the Sky - Johnny Cash
I Ran - Flock of Seagulls
Baba O'Reilly - The Who
Love Lift Me - Amanda Marshall
The Canadian Dream - Sam Roberts
Freedom (live at Woodstock) - Richie Havens
Walking on Broken Glass - Annie Lennox
I am the Cancer - Sloan
She's Not There - The Zombies
Signed Sealed Delivered I'm Yours - Stevie Wonder
Blow at High Dough - Tragically Hip
Fernando - ABBA
Before You - Chantel Kreviazuk
Band on the Run - Wings
One Night in Bangkok - Murray Head
Carry On - CSNY
Money City Maniacs - Sloan
Video - india.arie
Southern Man - Neil Young
Electric Blue Eyes - Cranberries
Along Comes Mary - The Association
Eve of Destruction - Barry McGuire
You Were On My Mind - We Five
Give a Little Bit - Supertramp
Bittersweet Symphony - the Verve
Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
Paradise City - G'n'R
These Boots Were Made for Walking - Nancy Sinatra
Magic Man - Heart
Carry On My Wayward Son - Kansas
Live and Let Die - G'n'R (although my favourite is Wings)
Manic Monday - the Bangles
Jesse's Girl - Rick Springfield
Solitary Man - Johnny Cash
Zorba the Greek - Gypsy Kings
Lucky Man - Lake & Palmer Emerson
Trista Pena - Gypsy Kings
Do You Hear the People Sing? - les Misérables soundtrack
Highwayman - Willie Nelson et al
Sweet City Woman - the Stampeders
Under Pressure - David Bowie w/Queen
Abantwana Basethempeleni - Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Good People - Jack Johnson
Valerie - the Monkees
Rusty Cage - Johnny Cash
Dust in the Wind - Kansas
Girls of Rock 'n Roll - Chipmunks and Chipettes
The Living Years - Mike & the Mechanics
Crazy on You - Heart
Blood on the Coal - the Folksmen

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maryanne has good taste in music. That is all.

Anonymous said...

That is the weirdest music list ever. And I love it.

LynnieC said...

Solsbury Hill makes my tummy hurt

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Mine too! Especially after In Good Company. I need some sort of mp3 player or something just so that I can jog on the beach to that song.

Isn't that list random? I love it immensely. The only real connection between these songs is that I find them to be awesome. (Well, and I got a lot of them from Meg, Janice and Michael.)

justanothergirl said...

okay, manic monday? that is one of the few songs that can make me happy no matter what mood i'm in. and today IS a manic monday. oooh, do i ever wish it was sunday. 'cause that's my fun day!

Anonymous said...

My I don't have to run day!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Okay, so at first I just skimmed to the most recent comment and I was like "Is Meg speaking English? Has she taken cold medication?" and then I remembered Amanda's comment previous to that. I'm a silly.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doubting my sanity, Mary. I miss you too.

Anonymous said...

I don't have very many "I don't have to run day"s. Stupid dedication.

Maryanne: I watched High Fidelity for the umpteenth time last night. I realized that John Cusack (Rob Gordon), has a startling resemblance to another Rob (Wilco, from Get Fuzzy). If they ever make a Get Fuzzy movie (which would be awesome; Ariann could play Satchel), he'd have to be in it.

Oh, and I also noticed that they reference the Prisoner in the show. Yay obscure, British, cult-classic '60s television!

Ok, I'm done rambling now.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the title of your compilation. Though you are missing some Wyld Stallions.

arimich said...

I think I would look funny in a Satchel suit. And I love that you have the Chipmunks and songs from les Mis on the same list. I have no idea what most of these songs are, but if they're a combination like that I think I like your list.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Yay, cramsey getting the reference! Yeah, I wasn't prepared to have any actual Wyld Stallions on the playlist. But Bill and Ted would have approved of a couple of the bands on the list.

And I think the happy thought of the day is going to be Ariann in a Satchel suit.

Life of Turner said...

The song is "Mysterious Ways." The "She moves in" is not even parenthetical. FYI.

Derek out.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Thanks, Derek. You'll notice a lot of other mistakes in the list. Because there are nearly 70 songs and I was getting tired of typing them, and some were from memory.