Sunday, September 11, 2005

Quiet Evening

The setting: On the futon/couch, with my feet up on one of those stools we picked up at the Bay with the gift card from Uncle Al, sitting beside a finally printed thesis. (Chris's printer is slow.)

The sounds: Christopher, making macaroni in the kitchen. The macaroni's just for him. I think I'm going to have a bit of leftover butter chicken, with pita bread, a little later.

The plans: Another episode of Corner Gas, and diving in to the thesis. Corner Gas will come first.

Why do I dread even looking at the thesis? It feels so over, and I really don't want to deal with it anymore.

Welcome back to Procrastination With A Cause, instead of that aimless procrastination I've been doing all summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maryanne, the comment about the gift card reminded me. I have a question for you: have you VERY CAREFULLY read that book where I wrote down what all your gifts were?

Queen of West Procrastination said...

By VERY CAREFULLY do you mean "Did I find the two atomic wedgies, to be delivered later, from Amanda?" And if you mean that, then yes. We were very touched at the sentiment.

One question: are both wedgies for me, or does Chris get one?

Anonymous said...

Amanda wanted to be fair. One's for Chris, and one's for you. But she was hurt that she hasn't received a thank you yet.

HA!

I'm so clever.