Thursday, August 25, 2005

Booooooooooo

So now, continuing to read In 1926, I'm beginning to understand what Gumbrecht is doing. And I'm beginning to agree with him in parts. Boo, no longer wanting to "troat" him!

Boo, Telus! I'm waiting for a representative to call me back, after the rep who set up our account apparently made some gross errors about the services we wanted. And so apparently we've been paying per minute with all our long distance calls, when I specifically requested the package where you pre-pay for 1000 minutes. They also chose the wrong "bundle" than what I asked for. We were very much over-charged on our first bill. After all the mistakes they have made, they are sure getting a complaint. I miss SaskTel.

On the non-boo side, I'm having fun planning the fondue party. We're going to have a good number out tonight, including a girl that was one of my best friends growing up, but with whom I'd lost touch for the last few years. It turns out that she's married and living here now! We talked on the phone yesterday and she's coming tonight. We're really excited to see each other again. (Hey Ky: she was asking about you.)

Okay, so maybe I don't have as much to boo about. Last night Chris and I went for a walk, to look at Mars when it's so close, and he showed me a park that's right by our house. It has big apple trees and a stream running right along the edge of it! I foresee lots of good reading time along that stream. I'm so glad to know that I have water very close by: I need that, when I'm stressed out.

I am wearing: housecoat, pyjamas and messy hair.
I am listening to: Chris playing Settlers of Catan.
I have eaten: hm, nothing today. I'd better get on that.
Current mood: slightly less agitated, and slightly more agitated, now that a Telus rep called me back. She changed our bill to reflect what we actually asked for, but it'll show up on our next bill. We still have to pay this over-charged bill, and then will get a credit on the next one. Booo, over-charged right now!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, is that best friend Becky S? She's married now? Cool!
CBC is playing that excited Rabello (sp?) song right now, but the interupted it for news because of the union problems and stuff. Boo-cbc.

Anonymous said...

Becky S? I was wondering if it was Kimmy. I guess Becky S would make more sense.

Anonymous said...

Why would Kimmy, whom I've never met, ask about me?

ps. to Mary. This is my cat Svarta. He is my cat.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Ha! Oh, Svarten. He is my cat. I totally forgot about my elementary school penpal from Norway! Her name was Maryanne, as well. We were very pleased by that coincidence.

And, yes, it's Becky S. And Kimmy was my kindergarten best friend. I'm pretty sure I have no idea how I'd get in contact with her. Becky, on the other hand, was quite easy to track down, because everyone here has her number. Oh, and I go to church with her Grandma and her uncle.

Jen said...

I could have told you that Telus sucked. The Alberta government once actually investigated them because they had such an obsene number of complaints.

LynnieC said...

Reading time alongside a stream??? How very Anne of Green Gables of you. Guess who's coming to visit??? (Sidney Poitier? No, its me!!)

Also, Becky S makes me laugh cause she spelled our last name with an x once. So good.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

I'm going to start spelling your last name with an x now. So let it be written; so let it be done.

And I'm very disappointed that I'm not getting a visit from Sidney Poitier. But Lynnie? Yessss!