Friday, July 01, 2005

In Honour of This Great Day...

In the true Canadian spirit, I bring you: political satire.

Honestly, we don't get any more Canadian than when we're making fun of ourselves.

And so, I'll start it all off with a sentimental favourite, which I found only shortly after my family first got Internet (and which I just re-found on yahoo.ca): the headquarters of Canadian World Domination.

Next, I point your attention again to the archives of Rick Mercer's (soon no longer Monday) Report. I recommend that you pay attention to October 25, 2004, and the video where Prime Minister Paul Martin has Rick over to 24 Sussex Dr. (It's become a Canadian tradition here. Back when Mercer was on This Hour Has 22 Minutes, Rick Mercer took then-Prime Minister Jean Chretien to Arby's.)

And then in other true Canadian style, I bring you Television Without Pity, a site run by Canadians (the administrator and one of the two founders) and devoted to American television. And Fametracker, its sister site, run entirely by Canadians. (Hey! I'm not complaining about them. You may notice them in my links, as important "Tools of Procrastination".)

Welcome to Canada, my friend. Welcome to Canada.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that Television Without Pity was mostly Canadian run. I love it even more now.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Yeah, Glark and Wing Chun (David Cole and Tara Ariano -- they're married) live in Toronto. But Sars is in New York City. Fametracker's run by Glark, Wing Chun, and the Man from F.U.N.K.L.E., all in Toronto.

Thank you for that opportunity to geek out.