Saturday, June 18, 2005

Exploring Career Options Meme

I thought that this meme, which I found on Profgrrrl's blog, was appropriate considering that I just watched In Good Company. (Why does Topher Grace continually cause my love to grow? It's just not fair.)

If I could be a scientist... It would probably make more sense to Christopher's people how it could be that we are getting married. (Everyone expected him to marry a science person.) Actually, it would make more sense to my people how I'm a member of my family.
If I could be a farmer... Chris would be thrilled. Sniffing dirt.
If I could be a musician... I'd be a jazz singer. Oh, my love of being a jazz singer. (Or, hmm, I would play flute in an orchestra. Imagine that.)
If I could be a doctor... I'd still be freaked out by blood and saliva. Ew -- and vomit. Gross.
If I could be a painter... I'd have to have better fine motor skills. That would be thrilling.
If I could be a gardener... I'd be in heaven.
If I could be a missionary... I'd have to be more flexible with world travel (willing to eat local foods).
If I could be a chef... I'd be constantly worried that I was somehow killing my customers with food poisoning.
If I could be an architect... I'd be able to understand how structures fit together and why buildings are the way that are. And that's fascinating.
If I could be a linguist... I'd be able to use language in a far richer way.
If I could be a psychologist... I'd get way too emotionally involved in the lives of my patients and end up burning out.
If I could be a librarian... I'd be frustrated by all the cataloguing and organisation. But I'd be thrilled by getting to recommend books to people.
If I could be an athlete... I'd apparently be inhabiting someone else's body.
If I could be a lawyer... I'd be more interested in the research behind the cases. And I'd probably get really frustrated by my own personal biases and emotional decision-making.
If I could be an inn-keeper... I would get angry at having to clean up after people.
If I could be a professor... No one would be overly surprised.
If I could be a writer... I'd write novels. And travel books with photos. And that memory landscape of Berlin that I've been thinking about...
If I could be a llama-rider... I'd be frightened of having them spit on me and be unable to control the llama? And Chris would be following it around, screaming, "Demon llama! Demon llama!"
If I could be a bonnie pirate... I'd finally be Karl's hero.
If I could be an astronaut... I'd have to get over my mistrust of the spacecraft.
If I could be a world famous blogger... I'd be overcome by stage fright and have no idea what to say.
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world... Again, I'd be frightened by the power. Apparently, I have a lot of fears.
If I could be married to any current famous political figure... I wouldn't have respect for my husband, considering how few famous political figures I respect right now.
If I could be a sorcerer/sorceress... Um...
If I could be a mutant... Are we speaking X-Men mutant, where the mutation actually improves you and gives you cool abilities? Or are you talking about second head, or eyes two different colours kind of mutation? Either way: I don't think I can handle these last questions.
If I could be an influential religious leader... I'd rather be myself, influencing people or not in my own way. I'm not made for this kind of role.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, what if you could be an engineer?? You could be ubiquitous and anonymous, like me...