Sunday, April 03, 2005

Dumpster Diving in Downtown Sketchville

Poor Chris. His wallet was stolen out of his car (he had it in the glove compartment) while we were in church. Window broken. So, late this afternoon, we went back to the church to look in dumpsters and alleys, to see if we could find the wallet (there was no cash in it). Chris happened to be looking in one dumpster when he saw his name. It was his Social Insurance card. He did some digging (poor Christopher) and also found his Blood Services card. We searched everywhere and didn't find anything else. So, why do you steal a wallet, not try to use the credit card, but discard the SIN? (Which would be the most valuable part, if you were stealing an identity, I think.) Weird.

So, he's now going home tomorrow, after getting cards and his window replaced.

To make up for it, I took him to Dairy Queen and then we watched Grosse Pointe Blank. Good times.

I've had a crazy weekend, wedding planning-wise. I did a bunch of calling, trying to track down a seamstress. I've finally given the girls the responsibility to find their own seamstresses, which makes me feel a lot better. I can't organise it very well. But now there's the process of finding someone to alter my own dress. The problem is that people charge ridiculous sums, the moment it's for a wedding. It's my most recent rant. Wedding-related inflated prices: bah!

I am wearing: Delaware t-shirt, baggy grey pants, black socks, flipped-out hair.

I am distracted by: plans for invitations, and the idea of tracking down addresses.

I should be more concerned about: my meeting with Dr. B tomorrow at 9am. I should be going to bed right away.

Favourite word of the day: gadfly.

OED word of the weekend: "alternant" (I signed up for OED word of the day. Joyful.)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Poor Chris-- still, Chris, you are really lucky you got that stuff back.