Thursday, June 23, 2011

Finally

I gave my last lecture today.  Tomorrow they write the final.  It was so nice spending the evening not panicking about my lack of knowledge about some battle or specific WWII event.  (Because I seriously had a steep learning curve with this course.  So much so that I worry about how the students answered the "Instructor is knowledgeable in the course content" portion of the course evaluations.) 

But tomorrow I just give them the final, and sit and mark their essays while they write.  Do you know how many times I've done exactly that, in all my years as a TA?  Finally I'm doing something that's in my comfort zone. 

And then I'm going away and going camping, leaving my marking behind for two whole days.  Two days where I'm not thinking about limited liability strategies, total war, tanks, generals, atrocities, and students' needs.  And where I'm far away from my email.  Bliss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Instead, your students are spending the evening not panicking about their lack of knowledge about some battle or specific WWII event...