Friday, May 13, 2011

And then I got very sick

Oh hi there.  While I haven't posted to this blog since I returned from Hawaii, I also haven't unpacked since then either!  My allergies went nuts at the end of the trip, and then as soon as I got home, I pretty much immediately caught the bad cold that Chris had.  He was actually sick enough to miss a couple of days of school, and so considering the fact that illnesses that make Chris a little sick make me VERY sick, I should have known that this "cold" would be bad news.

In other words, I went for more than a week having no voice, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've left the house since the beginning of the month.

In better news, I've been able to do AMAZING Carol Channing impressions all week.  I've been working on being able to act out this scene from Alice in Wonderland for Ky:



Thankfully, I'm starting to get MUUUUCH BEEEEETTER (seriously, please watch the above video), which is a good thing, because I have a course starting in three weeks (and am still finalizing things like readings and assignments, not to mention the syllabus), and I've been postponing a meeting with my supervisor for a week and a half now, on account of me having no voice. 

Of course, all I want to do is watch Star Wars and Youtube videos, but that's just the "I have hardly left the house" talking.

(Hm.  I hope this post makes sense.  My head is still very foggy. Basic tasks exhaust me.)

2 comments:

Dixie said...

I've been thinking about this movie lately and even saw it for sale at Superstore the other day! I loved/hated that movie -- especially this scene!

Glad you're getting better.

Anonymous said...

I think your movie clip just gave me nightmares...

thanks for that.