Monday, March 08, 2010

Today was a big day

I took Mom to all my favourite spots downtown today (read: tea shops, A Little Bit of Hanoi,* the touristy parts of Chinatown, and Capital Iron). It was so fun; we got so much tea, and Mom got a nice purse from Chinatown and some scarves from A Little Bit of Hanoi. Mom had me take her picture all over downtown.

And then when I got home, Chris and Dad were building robots, which means that Dad had a lot of firsts today:
1.) He saw the Johnson Street Bridge raise to let a sailboat through ("That's amazing!" he keeps saying.)
2.) Pocky
3.) Lego Mindstorm
4.) Pulled pork sandwiches


It was a pretty big day for Dad. He's in a good mood after all that. (He's also getting all geared up to go visit his mom's cousin who lives up island. We call her Precious Pat, and she's the sweetest little thing. I'm excited to see her Hobbit Hole house again.)

Now I'm going to put my feet up and have another cup of tea, since I was walking all day. I'm going to have more of my new tea: Murchies has a new blend of tea that they released in time for the Olympics (and so they called it the 2010 blend). Darjeeling with jasmine? Yes please.

* By the way, anyone who is anywhere near Victoria should a.) check out that link above, and b.) go see Luanne at A Little Bit of Hanoi in Market Square. She's the best. She always remembers me when we go to see her store, and today she hugged me when she saw me and immediately guessed that it was my Mom that I'd brought.

1 comment:

The Blog Fodder said...

What a grand time they are having. Keep them. Don't let them go home.