Saturday, March 13, 2010

And like that, they were gone

It seems surreal to me that Mom and Dad were here this morning, now that they're gone. I've settled back into my old routine, and it's odd now to realise that my parents were actually at my house, and that they were here for a week. It also seems strange to me that it's Saturday again already; I'm pretty sure that was the fastest week ever.

The sun was shining yesterday and today, and so we ended up getting a little bit of nice weather at the end. I'm glad for that, because it even snowed this week. But yesterday we had a nice day and we drove around and took pictures of the ocean. That was Dad's only request for how he wanted to spend his last day: to drive somewhere where he could look at the ocean.

...those are pretty much the deepest thoughts you'll get from me right now. I purposely didn't use my SAD lamp today, so that I'd be really sleepy tonight and go to bed early (thanks to the stupid Daylight Savings Time and the loss of a whole hour from my night).

1 comment:

The Blog Fodder said...

If your father wants to spend his last days looking at the ocean, he should move to Victoria.