Sorry about not posting in a while! I've been working on being okay with being home alone and quiet while I was working. It's actually been quite a nice week.
1. Homemade strawberry lemonade. Ariann made raspberry lemonade on Friday, and then Chris insisted that I needed to try it, but with strawberries (since we already had some of those). Wow, is the homemade stuff ever nice. Now that the weather's warm, I think I'll be buying lemons even more frequently than usual (and we buy fresh lemons all the time). I bought an inexpensive clear juice jug just so that I could see that pink lemonade in my fridge, with all those strawberries floating around, and smile.
2. I've been reading a novel in German this week. It's been really slow (I've been working on it for a few days and I'm still not to page 100), but I'm ridiculously proud of myself for being able to follow the story. I get as much of a gist as I can for several pages, and follow the dialogue (which is always a little easier), and then I go back and look up key words that I didn't understand. Half the time, I've figured out what the words mean because of the context. Now I just need to get more of it read, and need to manage to do that without getting sleepy.
3. One of our neighbours is practicing playing the bagpipes in his backyard right now. It sounds gorgeous. I love the faint music floating through the air. (Yesterday, Chris said "They should make that a selling feature for our block: 'Two of our neighbours play the bagpipes!'" I had to tell him that there are people who wouldn't consider that a selling feature.)
4. Warm weather = Chris has barbequed almost every meal this week.
5. Chris and I've started running again! My counselor suggested that we collect gold stars for every time we go running, and then once we've earned a certain number of gold stars, we award ourselves a prize. (Our strategy is that I go running first thing every weekday morning, and then once it's time to start work, I've already left the house once that day.) Now we only need to figure out prizes to work toward.
I'll do an extra one, because it's been so long since I've posted: 6. In a matter of days, some lovely bloggers are going to be showing up in my city for a conference! The Friendly Greens are coming to town, and I am excited.