But right now it's Christmas Eve, and we're stopping to be quiet right now. And I'm going to stop and be thankful for a moment:
- I'm thankful for my loving family, who have done a lot to make us feel loved and remembered while we're stuck over here on the West Coast.
- I'm thankful for the beautiful snow outside. To think that, after we decided to stay here for Christmas, I'd been sadly singing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" to myself. Now I don't only have to dream.
- I am thankful for Christopher, who is just perfect.
- I am thankful for good rice porridge. We had leftover rice porridge with our supper tonight, and it was perfect.
- I am thankful for a warm and safe home, for good landlords, and for good friends with whom I can share holidays.
- I am thankful for bloggers who update on Christmas Eve, when I have too much time on my hands. (Let's hear it for Kate Beaton and Dixie!)
- I am thankful for all of you, and hope you are all happy, warm and safe.
* We've already given each other our main gifts, since they were for both birthday/Christmas, but we're doing stockings with small presents. We each gave each other one part of the stocking presents this evening.)