Monday, November 17, 2008

Minutae

1. Some days you forget you live by the ocean, and then some days you spend your early morning drive debating "Cruise ship horn or fog horn?" with your husband. This morning it apparently was a fog horn (I was right!), as I can hardly see out my front window anymore. That's going to be cool when I take the bus today.

2. Do you know what song I hate? "The Way You Do the Things You Do." The problem is that I hate the song so much it gets stuck in my head all the time. Rhyming "schoolbook" with "culprit" (pronouncing it "cool-prit") indeed.

3 comments:

C said...

i used to think it was the train when i first moved to vic until i really thought about it and figured i shouldn't be able to hear a train whistle in vic. but i also used to think that it was horses riding past my house at night until i discovered it was just skateboarders on the sidewalk. i will never win at "identify that sound"

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Well, you could maybe hear a train whistle if you were close-ish to downtown and the E&N needed to use its whistle for some reason... except that it stops in Victoria...

Anonymous said...

For a moment I mistook the "front window" to imply the windshield, and all I could wonder was why you were updating your blog from you car. And then it occurred to me: people have windows in their houses. Ah me, that they do.

Apparently my brain is pudding these days. I've about fifty pages left to write this semester, and not enough time left to do it all...