- I think I actually like my research again. That's a good thing, you know.
- Do you know what makes me happier than happy? The Montreal/Calgary auditions episode of So You Think You Can Dance Canada. You Americans should be jealous. SYTYCD is sustaining me through this autumn.
- I also have become obsessed with goat cheese, particularly with chèvre. It makes me endlessly happy to eat little pinches of crumbly goat cheese off of the block. It's such an obsession that, when the over-saltiness of the frozen chicken breasts ruined my stuffed chicken breasts, I actually wrote a letter to Westfair Foods to complain. (In my defence, we'd been buying these same chicken breasts for years, and in the past month or so the chicken we've bought has been inedibly salty. Uh, gross. And when it makes me waste goat cheese...) Wow. That was a lot of writing about cheese right there.
- I got to see my great-aunt and great-uncle today; they're from the same farming community as my grandparents, and so having them here was a nice little bit of home today.
- On a less joyful note, if I see another attack ad for the Canadian election, I'm going to throw a shoe through the TV. What country have we become?
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Odds and Ends
Sorry that it's been so long since I've updated, guys! My brain's been eaten up with my dissertation's historiography, which has to be in by Wednesday. All of my thoughts are in small and scattered form and so you get a bulleted list: