Monday, July 28, 2008

Adding to my list of cultural experiences

I finally went to a Roughriders game with my in-laws yesterday. I even got two Rider shirts so that I can represent back in Victoria.

(Actually, I'm wearing one of them right now. I'll just get a picture of it right now...

Cute, hey?)

Me. Going to a football game. Wearing green and cheering loudly. I don't know if you process how unfathomable this is. But I loved it! It's been years and years since I've been to a game, and I didn't really understand what was going on except for touchdowns back then. This time, it was hard not to get caught up in the emotion even from the beginning, moving along with the sea of green. (The excitement was heightened by the potential of going 5-0 for the first time since the 1930s.) It also helped sitting with Chris, who was explaining the plays as we went (it also helped that I've been watching football on TV with Chris for the past year). I found that I couldn't help but leap to my feet with the exciting plays. I found that I loved yelling as loudly as possible to throw off the opposing team's defense.

I even cheered loudly through the driving hail, and booed when they postponed the game for weather.

So, I had fun.

No comments: