Monday, January 07, 2008

We now return to our regularly-scheduled broadcasting

The sun was shining when we landed in Victoria early yesterday morning. After three weeks of the bright whites and dingy greys in wintery Saskatchewan, all the colours in Victoria were shocking. As we drove into the city, I told Chris that I felt like Dorothy landing in Oz, where suddenly the whole world was in colour.

(Of course, a couple of hours later the clouds descended again and the colours weren't nearly so bright.)

Now I'm working my way through heaps of laundry and settling in to starting some heavy reading, but now that we're finally back in our own apartment, I have one more holiday-related scheme up my sleeve: the maiden voyage of the mixer.

Our new toy

Isn't it pretty? Tonight I'm going to make the Cheese Soufflé Cockaigne from The Joy of Cooking. I really want to see what that whisk attachment does with egg whites.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's beautiful. good luck with your egg whites.

Leslie M-B said...

I have a KitchenAid mixer too, but it is nowhere near that gorgeous. I have the garden-variety white one, and the bowl doesn't have a handle, nor does the mixer telescope as it appears yours does.

Jealous!

mrsbingley said...

Have fun! We got a red KitchenAid mixer for a wedding present two years ago and I've been loving it ever since I got it. It's AWESOME for whipped cream!

The History Enthusiast said...

I'm jealous too!

Tonight, though, I did get to christen my red Crockpot. I made some seriously awesome chicken chili (if I do say so myself).

susan said...

I have a red one, same model as yours, and I love it. I mostly use it for making bread, but now I"m thinking I should be whipping more cream. Let us know how its maiden voyage goes--happy eating!

Kate said...

Yay, KitchenAid mixer!!! Woooooo! (...It's possible that I get a little too excited about KitchenAid mixers.)