Saturday, June 09, 2007

Relief

I was trying to fix something with IE7 and somehow my Outlook Express disappeared. And I couldn't find any of my e-mail files. And then I was freaking out, and running Undelete Programs (which couldn't find my e-mails, either), and realising how much that I needed (including my online plane ticket information) had suddenly disappeared.

And so I gave up and re-installed OE. And there are my e-mails. I have no idea what I just did, but I hereby swear off trying to fix things myself anymore. I'm just glad that all of those e-mails are still there.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay!!! I'm glad that everything worked out.

trillwing said...

For the love of all that is holy, stop using IE. Get thee back to Firefox.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

(I knew that I was setting myself up for that comment.) I AM using Firefox! It's just that IE went nuts when I switched to Firefox, and I was playing around with "Remove or Add Windows Component" and chose IE. And the computer didn't remove IE, but did remove Outlook. And then when I went to add Outlook back, it added back Outlook and removed IE. And that's how I'm leaving it.