Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Quickly, because I am already late

I'm in the midst of a frazzled week of non-vacation before I leave for Saskatchewan. I have one more week, and then I'll be on an airplane, and being picked up from the airport at midnight by the crazy mommy, and then going to sleep in my old bedroom.

I'm really not fathoming the fact that I'm going home in a week. I think the problem is the fact that, before I go home, I have to: a.) read a whole stack of books and meet with a professor to discuss them; b.) wrap up my German tutoring before my tutor moves to Montreal; c.) clean my house in anticipation of a houseguest this weekend; d.) have a houseguest this weekend; d.) do the million billion other things that must get done before I can spend three weeks in Saskatchewan. Like book my room at Camp. And take out books to take with me.

My time in Saskatchewan is clearly going to be a working vacation. I have to maintain my book-a-day pace, so that I can finish comps in time. My plan is to establish the morning as my "office hours," and to stay in my room and read every day until lunch. (We'll see how that turns out.)

In other news: I'm way too excited about the fact that jo(e)'s Friendly Green Conference will be hosted at my campus in two years. So many bloggers in my city!

4 comments:

jo(e) said...

I am so looking forward to that conference!

I wish I didn't have to wait two years ....

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great time back in Regina.

I'm in Exeter right now so I probably will not see you.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

jo(e): Seriously. I really wish it wasn't two years away.

Big c: I heard that you're in Exeter! It's very sad that I won't get to see you.

Limon de Campo said...

I hope you have a good vacation, despite the work!