I'm back to working from the PhD office. Last week I stayed home as much as possible, thanks to that terrible cold. (Both because I needed to rest, and so that I wasn't spreading the cold throughout the department.) Yesterday, I was still in that mode and so I tried to work from home. I managed to read the book I needed to read, but I also did the following:
1. Signed up for Facebook, and then looked up everyone I could think of. This took up much of my day.
2. Had one-person living room dance party to Thelma Houston's "Don't Leave Me This Way" (I was working my way through mix CDs made by Ky and Lyn, the champions of the mix CD, and the mix tape before that.) (Seriously: Ky's "Folk Til You Drop" series? Bueno.)
3. Washed tons of laundry. (Okay, it was probably good that I had some time to myself at home, at least for that reason.)
4. Talked on the phone a bunch.
5. Watched the Happy Days episode where Fonzie jumped the shark. For serious. (I realised that I'd never seen that specific episode before. I'd seen the episode before that, "Hollywood Part 2", which ends with Fonzie mid-air and Ralph Malph shouting "Look! A banana peel!" but I'd never seen this historic episode. It was also depressing to realise that this was the beginning of Season 5. Of 11 seasons. There were six more seasons after that point.
And so today I'm working from the office. Although I have the office to myself, which is trouble. Evidently. Considering the fact that I'm blogging right now.