Thursday, December 01, 2005

I blame the snow.

I'm far too mellow to think about studying for Monday's final, or about working on Tuesday's 8-page paper. I'm drinking hot chocolate out of a cup the size of a bowl,* and Barbara Streisand's dreaming of a white Christmas on the stereo. I have pasta alfredo in my tummy, and spent more than half an hour making this hot chocolate (made it on the stovetop, and added hazelnut syrup, white chocolate syrup, and a dash of cinnamon). I'm wearing a sweater and big slippers, and the whole world is now cozy.

Must...study...German...

* A wedding present from Gillian: seriously, it's like the cappuccino that Mike Myers gets in So I Married An Axe Murderer when he says, "Excuse me? I ordered a large cappuccino? HEllo!"

(In other related news: people were speculating about schools being closed tomorrow, as a result of snow. I wonder if this will really happen. If the snow stays until tomorrow, and then it snows some more -- as forecasted -- I'm going to walk outside near major streets and watch people abandon their cars. Chris said there was someone on the highway going 20 km/h.)

1 comment:

LynnieC said...

Does the weather actually warrant said abandonment of vehicles? Is it indeed the apocalypse?
The "word a day lady" was telling a story about how when it reached like -5 C and she made her daughter wear 2 pairs of pants and 3 sweaters. I was like...I just stopped wearing flip flops, dude.