Sunday, October 16, 2005

It's official

I just talked to the instructor for the class that I TA (he's a sessional, and so he's in the same union as me) and we're officially cancelling seminar tomorrow, even on the off chance that things wind down by noon or anything. I got word from my union that they're encouraging us not to attend classes tomorrow either, and so I'm not going to feel guilty about skipping German class (the one that I would've been missing anyway, if I was leading seminar). Ahem, I'm not at all thinking that this is a good opportunity to work more on my book review and presentation for Tuesday. No, sir. (Hey! I don't have to picket, because it's a "one day legal protest" and not a strike; we don't get strike pay, and we're just encouraged to attend the protest. I choose to protest by staying in my pyjamas.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's a great idea. I protest every tuesday and thursday by staying in my pyjamas. Until I get changed that is.

Anonymous said...

Maryanne, if you staying in your pyjamas is a protest, that would make you a student activist. :P

Anonymous said...

I agree with Matt, if pyjamas and you equal a protest then you have to be one of the most active protestors around. It would be around 50% of your life!!

I mean, one of the first times I actually saw you was in the Walmart parking lot in your pyjamas. But I suppose they had that coming...

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Ha! I remember that! It was when some North Carolina girls spent a night at my house, and we spent a bunch of the day in our pyjamas, but I had to pick up my camp pictures from Wal-Mart. Good times. I don't think any family member of yours will let me live down seeing me in my pyjamas in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

(Hey! I'm pretty sure that you'd seen me a bunch of times before that; I'd been at your house how many times before.)

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was just the first time cramsey actually noticed you.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps I saw you before then, who knows. I had definately heard about you. Though that was the first time I met you as you...

Queen of West Procrastination said...

"as me" = "as crazy"

Man, I miss feeling free to wear pyjamas in public. Well, I guess I spent last year in my yoga clothes, which gradually became my pyjamas as well...