Sunday, October 09, 2005

It feels like home to me...

(It feels like all the way back where I come from)

Okay, so earlier this weekend I was complaining about feeling homesick. About wanting something familiar (I can only handle so much newness at once). Especially because this is a holiday weekend, one where I'm usually with my family, and here I am on Vancouver Island. Now, I've been swept over with home reminders:

a.) I mentioned already (incoherently, mid-allergic reaction) that the Season 2 DVDs of Corner Gas arrived. This show is the best ever for exiled prairie kids, especially of Chris and my temperment. We've watched half the season already, this weekend.

b.) We had Thanksgiving dinner with my uncle Stan and with Jen's Grandpa (the former from Rosetown, and the latter having lived all over Saskatchewan for the first half of his life), and ended up going over a Saskatchewan map and talking prairie history. In addition to all this, I got a traditional Thanksgiving dinner and hugs.

c.) While linking through the blogrolls of friends (procrastinating), I found a link to the blogs of this couple that figured largely in my early years of IVCF, who are now married with little kids and living in Northern Sask. I browsed through their blogs and their Flickr pictures some, and it felt good to catch up on what's going on with them.

d.) Ariann phoned! Chris is still talking with her right now. It feels like home to be "bunny-trail" talkin' with that crazy teacher from Taiwan. I needed a good talk with someone who
already gets me, and to whom I don't have to explain a lot, and all my family is away right now.

e.) I'm thankful to have Chris with me here. Crazy, wandering around from head to toe in red just because I made fun of his clothes, uploading pictures of squirrel fishing, and all. He feels like home to me.

I needed all that tonight.

P.S. Tomorrow, wander over to Amandolyn and Ky and wish Ky a happy quarter century! She will now kill me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mary, its amandolynandky.blogspot.com Now, she will kill both of us. Ha! I revel in the fact that Ky is now closer to 30 than she is to 20. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Fixed. Thanks for the warning -- I was being lazy.

arimich said...

This morning felt like home to me too. Love you both lots. Oh, and I think it's fantastic that Christopher decided to go all red just to bug you. 10 points for Chris!