Friday, September 09, 2005

Dis-Oriented (okay, so I can't resist a pun sometimes)

So, it's now approaching 10:00 am, and I'm having a lot of trouble getting up the enthusiasm to go to the grad student orientation. I mean, this is very different than the TA Orientation next week, which is very required and ought to be very helpful. Sure, I'm actually new here, and there are things that I don't know about this school, and I might meet people, but I categorically can't stand orientations. I went to the one at my old school, when I was a new MA student, and ended up bored silly. And then the promised "free supper" that lured me there? Hot dogs and vegetable sticks. And the orientation ran overtime into night classes, and so I had to sneak my food, before it was over, and go to class. Okay, so I snuck the food a little early and went and sat in the empty classroom for a while. But it was boring! Okay, so I learned a bunch about funding, but by that time it was all directed at international students, and how to apply for social insurance!

Maybe I can do some research on Orientation, and make a more informed decision. I know there's an orientation website on the school's site. Hm.

In other news, as a result of being over-eager to eat hot-out-of-the-oven pizza last night, my burned mouth feels like sandpaper this morning. Very weird.

1 comment:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Fine! I'll go! I just looked it up, and it's different from the orientation on the 7th that sounds just like the one I went to at UofR. This one was also called "important" by the grad secretary.