Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Relief -- One More Update

I got a call from the guy at Canadian Tire, saying that they replaced the spark plugs and wires, and now my car is running smoothly!!! (Yes, it deserved three exclamation points. When I got the news, I cheered and danced a very surprised Wee Girlie about the room.) Here I was, drafting my eulogy for the Rustbucket, and then it recovered.

Sometimes I wonder if the Rustbucket is like the Bluesmobile. Sure, my "mission from God" isn't rescuing an orphanage or anything, but I still need something to get me around for the next two months, and that's pretty important, isn't it? All I'm saying is that I won't be surprised when, immediately after my wedding, the Rustbucket collapses and falls apart.

The next step: getting it home from Swift Current.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say you get bonus points for referencing the Blues Brothers! Kudos to you!